With Red Pepper and Ginger Salad Dressing (enough for four medium-sized salads)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Kara’s red pepper, seeded and chopped into big pieces
- 1 Kara’s lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3/4 inch piece of Kara’s fresh ginger (approximate)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove Kara’s garlic
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a food processor or blender.
Note: This dressing keeps well for about four days in the fridge.
Kale Salad Ingredients for one salad:
- 5 big stalks of Kara’s kale
- 1/2 of a Kara’s avocado, cubed
- 1 Kara’s carrot, peeled and sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler or special grater
- 3 tablespoons Kara’s purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kara’s fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kara’s red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Pull or cut the kale leaves off from the tough stem, and break into small, bite sized pieces.
Sprinkle with sea salt and massage the leaves for a couple of minutes, meaning that you should scrunch handfuls of kale in your palms, release, repeat.
The kale will become darker in colour and more fragrant.
This step improves the taste of raw kale.