If you let the dark, leafy greens sit in the marinade for 10 minutes, the acidity of the apple cider vinegar allows the greens wilt, making them easier to digest, and they will taste less bitter.
- 4 cups Kara's salad greens, such as watercress, endive, radicchio or romaine
- Segments from 2 or 3 oranges, tangerines or mandarins
- 1/2 cup Kara's toasted almonds, sliced
- 1 small shallot (optional - cooked, raw, soaked or prepared to suit your taste)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp. of maple syrup, honey, agave or other natural sweetener
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. soya or tamari sauce
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Wash, dry and cut greens.
Whisk or blend the marinade ingredients together and pour it over the greens.
Toss and let the salad sit for 10 minutes.
Toss again and serve with orange segments and toasted almonds on top.