This pale green Fresh Fava Bean Dip is made with fresh fava beans, Greek yogurt, garlic and dill. It's a great healthy appetizer for your spring ...
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion from Kara's, finely chopped
- 1lb 10oz (750g) fava beans (shelled weight), skinned (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14oz (400g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tbsp of Kara's chopped dill
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
Add the onion, and cook for 3–4 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
Add in the fava beans and cook for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add 2 cups water, season with salt and pepper, and partially cover the pan with a lid.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes, mashing the beans a little during this time.
Drain and allow to cool.
Put the cooled fava bean mixture in a blender or food processor.
Add the cannellini beans, dill, and scallions, and pulse to a chunky purée.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with fresh crusty bread.