A hearty, vegan, and gluten-free dinner
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- 1 cup cubed yellow beets
- 1 cup cubed turnips
- 1 cup cubed parsnip
- 1 cup cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 large onion - thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh, minced ginger
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock + 1/4 cup reserved
- 2 Tbsp. unbleached or whole flour
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 medium sprig rosemary
Combine all vegetables, garlic, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper.
Cook over medium heat until vegetables are slightly tender, about 20-25 minutes.
Combine flour with an additional 1/4 cup vegetable stock and stir until smooth.
Add to the stew. Reduce to low heat and continue cooking an additional 5 minutes.
Add fresh parsley, sage and rosemary.
Simmer 5-10 more minutes.
Serve over brown rice, quinoa or enjoy by itself!