This vegetarian "chicken" broth is incredibly easy to make and tastes great. Use it as a base for any recipe that calls for chicken broth.
- 10 cups water
- 8 oz. Kara's onion, diced
- 4 oz. Kara's celery, diced
- 4 Kara's garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
Taste your stock before adding the salt and see if it needs it or not.
Remember, the stock is a base, not a stand-alone.
Adding dried herbs will darken the stock - dried sage, thyme and parsley are traditional "chicken" flavourings.
Dark green vegetables usually do not make good stock.
Stay away from strong flavours like cabbage.